** Update during social distancing **
While we are unable to invite you to Open Morning Tours currently, we are offering bespoke tours to individual families as well as remote tours using a video link. Please contact us to arrange a convenient time for this.
We encourage you to visit our school and always provide a warm welcome. Do contact us by telephone or email to arrange a visit and see for yourselves what makes us so special. We’d love to meet you, show you round and answer any questions you may have about us and our admissions process.
The Cavendish School is non-selective and offers places on a first come, first served basis. In keeping with the school's family ethos, applications from siblings are given priority where possible. Some parents register their children as soon as they are born, so to increase your chances of being offered a place, we suggest that you visit sooner rather than later!
If you would like to read our latest ISI report, you can find it here.
Nursery and Reception
- Contact the School Office to arrange a tour of the school.
- Register your child by returning the completed Registration Form together with the Registration Fee of £100.
- Your child’s name will then be placed on a list.
- In the autumn term of the year before entry, any available places will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
- A place is secured by returning a signed Acceptance Form and payment of the Acceptance Deposit of £3,000 within the timeframe specified in the offer letter.
- This sum is retained by the school until your child leaves the school, when it may be refunded or donated to our Bursary Fund.
- An Advance Fee (which is credited against the first term’s fees) is requested by the end of the term but one preceding entry.
- Any places not taken up will be offered to the next family on the list.
- Occasionally, places may be available during the school year, and these will be offered to any children registered.
Years 1 to 6
- Contact the School Office to arrange a meeting with the Headteacher, Miss Rogers, and a tour of the School.
- Register your child by returning the completed Registration Form together with the Registration Fee of £100).
- If a place is available your child will be invited to a Taster Day at the school, and you will meet with our Head, Mrs Lombard, or another member of our teaching staff, on the same day.
- Prior to this visit, we will request copies of your child’s most recent school reports and any other relevant information.
- We will ask to contact your child’s current school to take references.
- Once a place is offered you should confirm your acceptance by returning a signed Acceptance Form together with the Acceptance Deposit of £3,000. An Advance Fee (which is credited against the first term’s fees) is requested by the end of the term but one preceding entry.